A trend that is becoming increasingly popular is the DIY e-liquid. Since it is so difficult for users to buy an e-liquid in Australia, this may be a viable option for them. It is not only beneficial to the budget but it increases safety as well if done correctly. It is unlikely that there will much justice to be gained by a user that is harmed by an e-juice that is manufactured by a company on the other side of the globe. Once the right ingredients and supplies are obtained, then the user is on the way to having a more affordable dependent option for their e-liquid supply. Nicotine to be used is advised to be purchased from a reputable vendor or manufacturer.
When it comes to this, there are some things that need to be taken into consideration. First decide which supplies are needed, where the ideal place to acquire said supplies is and what level of nicotine concentrate is being used. Quite a few online vendors offer the supplies that are needed to DIY however as online transactions go not all should be readily trusted. Although some may list their nicotine as 100mg/ml, this is often inaccurate. There are some who have been discovered to supply e-liquid nicotine of three times the advertised strength. Such a mistake may send the user to the hospital, or worse. It is strongly advised that a buyer be extremely cautious as their health and safety is very important, no matter how much money they would be saving. Research needs to be done for a respectable vendor. The supplies necessary will depend on the personal preference however.
The chemicals that will be needed for this DIY project are:
- Propylene glycol
- Dropper bottles
- Graduated cylinders
- Erlenmeyer flask
- Plunger Kits
- Large bottles
- Pierceable Caps
- Amber bottles
- Childproof caps
To begin, the maker will need to measure out and drop in the nicotine solution. This should always be done first in order for the bottle to be capped and out the way as quickly as possible. This is the most dangerous ingredient that will be used, so the faster it is put away, the better it will be.
- All the tools which were used to transfer the nicotine solution such as the graduated cylinder, the syringe and the pipette should be properly rinsed.
- Drop in the appropriate amount of PG and VG as indicated by the recipe.
- Rinse all the tools used for the VG and PG.
- Measure and add the flavoring concentrate.
- Rinse all the hardware and wipe all chemical bottles in order to get rid of any that had perhaps dripped on the side.
- Pour the solution into the bottle for storage and cap it.
- Shake vigorously in order to ensure that it is adequately mixed.
- Clean the work area
- The freshly made e-liquid is now ready for use